Sunday, July 17, 2011

in the zone.

i just want to hold you
and wrap my arms around
every word you say
forgive me if i ask
that you forget me not
i just want to hear you
and watch the sentences leave
your mouth and tell you
your the only one for me
whether or not its true
i have completely disregarded
rhyme and my lines are
more of a log
possessed by a woman
who travels too much
to remember the names
of every one she
meets but she knows
their faces or at least
the way they kiss
this started as a poem
then a song
and it has become this
i dont know where i am
going and i dont know what
i am going to do
but i know sure as hell i
do honestly care about you
and you, and you and you
and dont i do this far too
often to make the same
mistakes again
ive gone to typewriter from pen
oh dear, that was too
romantic for the
harsh light of the screen
as i call a key board by
a more sophisticated name
as i call my self a connoisseur
and not a god damned stoner
i am either a crowded room
or i am alone, i am either
in love with my self
or in loathe of my life
or something like that
or love.

No comments:

Post a Comment