Monday, April 30, 2012

4-30-12 1153

Should i put you on the list of those lost?
It's longer than those who remain
Yours and Lucy's names look so elegant aligned
Like the white on the fence of the yard you want one day
No sleep til' Brooklyn, with you-
So it looks like I'll never see rest again
Not that I was ever too fond of closing my eyes,
As if I were to miss something
Now I wish I had woken earlier
Or that you had stayed up later
One more hour
One more minute
One more kiss
One more moment like this
You in my arms forever
Until the day you fell
Out of love with me
With no one else to fall to
And you don't know what
You want to do
As long as it's not with me
You'll be free, safe, secure
I'll be the same, scared, unsure
You made me promise, you know
That if you forgave me,
I would be forever
I guess since you didn't promise back
(Except for when you did)
That you didn't have to pull the slack
But I wish that you did
I'm sorry for almost every time I yelled
And for taking away Beast and Belle
Or whatever it is you want to call us
With the ever-ringing chorus sing
"I thought, I thought, it was meant to be"


No comments:

Post a Comment