Tuesday, August 28, 2012

1158

Do you want to lay with me
So we can watch the storm
Unfold as the skies destroy 
The ground with the lights 
Bouncing, purple off the windows 
While the lyricist blasts his
Constant philosophy in my ears
Crying about some road where 
His lost lover lived and they
At some point kissed at a 
Moment just like this 
Legs soaking, but wrapping Together as lips press and
Maybe she was crying or 
That was just the clouds
Watching something so 
Instinctually beautiful as
A mouth on a mouth 
Three lights bouncing
In the distance like 
Lonely sailors on the sea 
Watching stars with loved
Wives waiting 
And there's a kid here who 
Tells me about the universe
The government, and the power of symmetry, like an artist with 
A brush he paints galaxies in front of me, from almost nothing
And here I am thinking on a level
Wider than names and faces 
Beyond continents and places 
This beat is the very essence of
My being, like rhythm
Pouring from heaven
If there were to be such a thing
I suppose I would find it here
Or in cassadega
Where they all went too 
While that tree in the distance 
Gets further still 
"I can travel now you know"
She said as if picking
A thorn from her shoe 
Flicked her cigarette,
Spit and walked away
Let that burning ember 
In the grass stay
Because if one of us has to go
Say good bye to me today

No comments:

Post a Comment