Tuesday, August 28, 2012

1159

There's people breaking hearts
Across the empire state
Mothers trying to convince 
Daughters they're safe
Fathers helping sons
Plan their first dates
The wind creeping through
The shutters today 

With the cigarette smoke
I float to the left
Didn't want to say I knew
That I know me best
Til I put it to the test
But it's all apparent now
Searching for freedom 
Pound by pound 

I guess its good cause I can travel around
Going town to town making new sounds 
Listen to the stars
Watch the moon from the ground 
I don't know to what it amounts
But if freedom is all that counts 
Then I'm drowning in the clouds
Higher than the whole city

So if it's you and me 
That you really dont need
And if you love something
You should make it happy
Then there's nothing left
To do but for me to just leave 
Through the door Im going out 

Even though I know some day
That I'll prove you wrong 
The bird is in the cage
But she's singing a song 
I knew it all along 
My wings are all I need 
Only I can make me happy

No comments:

Post a Comment