Thursday, May 9, 2013

20%

I lost a band to you.
I lost my inspiration with you.
I lost my mind when you left.
I lost you in your last breath.
And what do I have to hold on to?
A song I listen to on repeat
Because in my head its the last thing you did
When I can do nothing
To stop myself from picturing you
Falling asleep in a hazy room
My cat on your lap
Sunrise too soon
Grab the cigarettes and head out by noon
You always had work to do
And no one made plans like us
The things we would dream up
In cemeteries under blankets
With the warmth of alcohol
On our breath, visible
In the night air
Lit with nothing but the moon
And the occasional flash of a lighter
Against glass
Bare legs in the grass
So much of our time was spent speaking
Dreaming, awake and sleeping
Keeping warm against a tomb
As matches are sparked
Left and right
And I pour another cup
Wake up Snow White,
Wake up.



No comments:

Post a Comment